Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year...Rand out, Lowry in.

Well, I hope you all had the chance to read the book last month. I was glad I did and I enjoyed discussing it with Wes at home and with Laura and Stefanie on here. It was a book that got me thinking and I enjoyed it. Also, I never would have read it had it not been for this book club. SO thanks Laura.

This month Andrea picked out 2 short books by Lois Lowry: Number the Stars and The Giver. I have read and own Number the Stars and began rereading it last night (I am almost done), but have as yet to get or read The Giver. I hope to be able to discuss them both soon, and Andrea, feel free to post about your choices if you care to.

Also, if you have an upcoming month where you are in charge of picking the book, please let me know as soon as you have picked the book so I can add it to the list.

2 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

I was unable to read the book in December, but I'm looking forward to reading Number the Stars and re-reading The Giver and discussing them with you all! Thanks!

I am Laura said...

I have already read both books, but look forward to reading them again. I guess I missed all of December. I actually don't even remember seeing a post come across my google reader. sorry to be a bad book clubber. for my month I haven't yet decided what to read. My mother in law told me to read "Glass house" Then I found out it has some swear words in it. I don't know how people feel about that and so I kindof want to read the book before I say what I want to read. I will keep working on it. I have the month of April -- right after I give birth so I may just try to get some posts done ahead of time and schedule them to come onto the blog.